Monday, April 16, 2012

med ed

The Medical Education building, where I had class the past two years.

I don't know how people do promo photography for big buildings and the like--I admit that my favorite device for picture-taking is adding interest with a lot of background bokeh.  I can't do much with a big building.  You see it from all sides anyway, as you're walking toward it, so you can't present it in a new and interesting perspective.  Maybe it all boils down to lighting, and a wide angle lens. 

Speaking of lighting, the clouds were ridiculous in real life, all yellow and grey and low-lying sunlight (it was fixing to storm).  And as I dashed to get my camera and document it...the sky cleared, and I was left with all this puffy white boring stuff.  Maybe it would have been better during the golden hour?

(Everything is better during the golden hour.)

No comments:

Post a Comment